Overbey, Hawkins & Wright, PLLC
1.800.201.9987 (Toll-Free)

A drunk driver caused my accident, how is that handled?

You’re in an accident caused by a drunk driver. How is that case handled?

Well, in those cases, you may be entitled to a different set of damages than the ordinary case depending on the blood alcohol level of the person that caused the accident.

In the ordinary case, you are entitled to compensatory damages; damages for your pain and suffering, your medical bills, your time out of work, and those kinds kind of things. If there is a drunk driver involved you may want to be entitled to punitive damages. Punitive damages are intended to punish the wrong doer, and are in addition to the compensatory damages in such cases. If you are involved in such an accident, you need to consult with an attorney who is experienced in such cases.